Original Source: Here
Want an appetizer that will make you stand out at a dinner party? This Lemon, Garlic, and Chive Ricotta is the perfect dish to keep your neighbors talking for a long time. It’s easy, it’s delicious, and most importantly, it incorporates herbs that you can grow yourself!
This hot appetizer is perfect when paired with a toasted baguette or crackers. This easy-to-make recipe makes it popular to everyone, especially those who want to eat more plant-based foods. In fact, this recipe can be easily made into a vegan one when replacing the whole-milk ricotta with a vegan substitute. It is truly a great way to make a statement.
- 2 cups of whole milk ricotta (or a vegan substitute)
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Small crackers or slices of baguette, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 1/2 quart pan.
- Mix the ricotta, lemon, and garlic until fully combined. Then, mix all the dry ingredients (black pepper, salt) into the ricotta mix. Gently fold in chives. Top by drizzling the olive oil and adding some chives on top.
- (Optional) Refrigerate overnight to help the ingredients and flavors set.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. When warm, drizzle with more oil and serve with crackers or baguette. Enjoy!
Make this recipe at home using fresh ingredients from your own garden! Check out this herb seed pack including some herbs used in this recipe.