Original Source: Here
During the hot summer months, it’s great to have something to help you cool off. This easy Frozen Mint Lemonade has the perfect texture to keep you refreshed during a hot summer’s day, an outdoor barbecue, or a special event!
To cater to everyone, adding vodka, gin, or bourbon is a great way to make it adult friendly. You can also easily replace the lemon with lime or an herb from the Citrus Herb Kit to add a different flavor. Personalize this drink to suit your needs!
- ½ cup fresh lemon (or lime) juice. This can be substituted with homegrown herbs like Lemon Balm or ones from the Citrus Herb Kit.
- ¾ cup cold water
- ¼ cup fresh mint, plus 4 small sprigs to use as garnish
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 cups ice
- Add the lemon (or lime) juice, water, sugar, and mint into the blender and blend until fully combines.
- Add the ice to the blender and work your way up from a low to a high blend. Check the consistency and continue blending if necessary. The consistency should be slushy, but not too solid.
- Pour into glass, garnish with fresh mint sprigs and enjoy!
If you want to add fresh mint grown from your own garden, check out these herb kits to get started!