Urban Leaf’s Window Sill Garden Kits are designed to be ridiculously easy to use, and take the guesswork out of keeping plants alive. Basically it’s like having a full time babysitter for your plants. Our kits allow plants to water themselves, straight out of the bottle, for up to a month at a time. #GreenThumbsNotRequired.
Set up takes about 60 seconds, and involves the following steps:
- Find a dark green or brown glass bottle, ideally around 750 ml, but not smaller than 500 ml. Red wine bottles work well. This blog contains more info on finding the perfect bottle.
- Rinse thoroughly and fill to the top with regular tap water
- Insert one of the inserts that come with the kit
- Place the seeds (included) per the instructions on the packet
- Apply a germination sticker, then place in a sunny window
Your work is done. Now sit back and enjoy.
What Happens Next
This is where the magic starts:
- The engineered smart soil includes a specially formulated plant nutrient mix, which will provide all the food your plants need for 5-6 months
- At the same time its sponge-like texture allows it to suck water up out of the bottle to the seeds which have been sprinkled on the surface. It is therefore delivering just the right amount of water to your seedlings while they are young.
- Eventually as the plant matures its roots will grow out through the smart soil and down into the bottle. By creating a way for the plant to water itself, it means you don’t have to.
Using a 750 ml bottle, we are able to effectively ‘pre-water’ our plants for up to a month at a time. That leaves you with time to go on vacation, plan your next dinner party, or just focus on being you – and not have to worry about keeping your plants alive.
Our product utilizes a simple ‘hydroponic’ (soil free) growing technique. Plants get the structural support they usually get from soil by our casing and its placement in the neck of a bottle. Plants get the nutrients they would usually get from soil from the water, which has had our plant food added to it. Soil is therefore not required.
Still got questions? Drop us a line – we’d be happy to help! email@example.com