Original Source: Here
A traditionally Mediterranean dish, this Tabouli Salad is known for being a tasty, colorful way to incorporate healthy foods into your diet. The fresh, unique flavor comes from the amalgamation of crunchy vegetables and light herbs (which you can grow yourself). Serve this during any meal and watch it be devoured in minutes!
- 1/2 cup extra fine bulgur wheat
- 4 tomatoes, very finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, very finely chopped
- 2 bunches parsley, very finely chopped
- 12–15 fresh mint leaves, very finely chopped
- 4 green onions, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice (can be replaced with lemon balm)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Soak the bulgur wheat in water for 5-7 minutes. Squeeze it by hand and set aside until all water is removed and the bulgar wheat is completely dry.
- Very finely chop the cucumber, onions, tomatoes, parsley, and mint.
- Mix the vegetables and herbs with the bulgar wheat until completely combined. Add salt and mix again.
- Mix in the olive oil and lime juice with the vegetable mixture.
- Cover the tabouli salad and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Top with desired amount of feta cheese. Serve with pita bread or hummus and enjoy!
Interested in using fresh herbs in your tabouli salad? Check these herb garden starter kits to grow them yourself!