Baked Ricotta with Lemon, Garlic, and Chives
Traditionally, baked ricotta includes an egg for a soufflé-like rise and fluffiness. This version only needs lemon, garlic, and chives, with a finishing drizzle of good olive oil. All it takes is literally 5 minutes to mix up and put it in the oven.
- About 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Small crackers or slices of baguette, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 1/2- to 1-quart gratin dish or baking pan.
- Mix the ricotta, lemon juice and zest, garlic, chives, and salt, and a generous quantity of fresh black pepper. Spread in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. (You can cover and refrigerate the ricotta overnight, if desired).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. Drizzle again with olive oil. Serve immediately with crackers for dipping.
Have Chives ready all the time in your kitchen with the Garden Trio Kit.