Basil Spinach Lasagna
This vegetarian take on an Italian classic makes a great Sunday dinner and an even better Monday lunch. You could also sub-out the dairy for a plant based alternative if you want to take it fully vegan.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together egg, 3 cheeses, basil, garlic, and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Layer with 3 lasagna noodles, 3/4 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 2/3 cup sauce.
- Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; bake for 10-15 minutes until lasagna is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.