Cilantro Coconut Cupcakes
Sweet mellow coconut pairs well with zesty cilantro in this playful treat. And if you don’t have cilantro, this would also work well with lemon balm.
- 1 box Pound Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 1/4 cups Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- Zest of 1 Lime, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1-2 tbsp Milk (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Add cake mix, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix on low for 30 seconds. Increase mixer speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Fold in coconut and cilantro.
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from baking pan and cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, combine confectioners sugar, butter, milk, lime zest and juice with a mixer in a medium bowl. Beat for 1-2 minutes until very creamy.
- Add milk a tablespoon at a time to get the consistency you like.
- Decorate cupcakes as desired.