Oregano and Cheese Muffins
Original Source: Here
Want an easy way to make a tasty, no-mess appetizer? This savory oregano and cheese muffin will leave your family and friends asking for more! The simple ingredients are highlighted with the addition of fresh oregano, which you can grow yourself (here). Serve with soups in the fall, and salads during the summer for a great addition to any meal!
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2/3 cup cheese curds
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl (oregano, flour, baking powder, and salt).
- In a larger bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (buttermilk, oil, and eggs).
- Transfer the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl and mix together until fully combined. Fold in cheese curds and onions.
- Fill each muffin liner 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Stick a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If it comes out clean, it is done baking; if it has batter on it, leave it in for a few more minutes.
- Let cool completely. Garnish with oregano and serve. Enjoy!