Lemon Balm Salsa Verde
Salsas are a great way to take any otherwise ‘meh’ meal and turn it into something awesome. We’ve listed a few different herbs below, but feel free to adjust based on what you have available. Stash it in the fridge and use it next time you need to jazz up some microwaved leftovers. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 3 tbsp minced chives
- 3 tbsp minced lemon balm leaves
- 1 tbsp minced mint
- zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- juice of half Meyer lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 small clove garlic ((or ½ normal clove)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp sumac
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Roughly chop basil leaves and add to a small mixing bowl with chives, lemon balm, and mint.
- To the bowl, add the zest of one Meyer lemon, the juice of one half of the Meyer lemon and the salt.
- Using a microplane, grate the garlic into the bowl.
- Mix the sumac, olive oil, and black pepper to taste.
- Salsa verde can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.