Apple Parsley Grilled Cheese Sandwich
What’s not to love about grilled cheese? Make it vegan if you wish. The addition of apple and pecans add a delicious sweetness and texture to this timeless classic.
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 1/4 cup (35 gram) mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon (4 gram) parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 gram) pecan, chopped
- 5 apple slices, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on one piece of bread and the other half on the other piece of bread.
- Sprinkle pecans, apple slices, and parsley over the cheese of one slice of bread.
- Heat the butter in a pan on medium-low heat.
- Place sandwich in the pan and cook for 3 minutes with a lid over the pan.
- Flip over and cook for an additional 3 minutes with the pan covered.
- Remove from pan, cut diagonally and serve.