Basil, Cinnamon and Apple Smoothie
If this delicious green smoothie recipe were any healthier you’d need a doctor’s prescription to buy it! Chocked full of goodies to help you make it through the winter, the addition of a crunchy topping makes it the perfect post-workout treat. Enjoy!
- 1 Apple (whatever is in season locally)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Lemon
- 10 Basil leaves (grow your own with our Culinary Classics kit)
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon (a high quality source such as Burlap & Barrel)
- 1/4 cup Seed’nola (one of these delicious options from 88 Acres)
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (ideally plant based)
- 1 TBSP collagen peptides (optional)
- Set aside the Seed’nola, 1-2 basil leaves and 1 small cinnamon of cinnamon bark
- Place all other ingredients in a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds
- Add additional milk as necessary to achieve desired consistency
- Pour into a glass
- Top with 88 Acres seed’nola, cinnamon chips and basil leaves
Ready to start growing your own fresh basil at home, for this and many other recipes? Our Culinary Classics kit will have you gardening like you were born with 10 green thumbs in minutes.