Green Chilli Curry Paste
Need some spice in your life? Well then this green chilli paste will give you just that! This fresh, fragrant, and flavorful paste is exactly what your next curry dish needs. Here’s how to make it.
- 4 green cayenne pepper chillies , deseeded and chopped
- 6 Thai green chillies , chopped
- 2 red shallots, chopped
- 2 lemongrass stems , trimmed and finely chopped (about 2.5 – 3 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp ginger , grated
- 5 cloves garlic , chopped
- 2.5 tsp dried shrimp paste
- 2 tsp lime zest , grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander/cilantro root and stem
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves , loosely packed
- 2 – 3 tbsp water , as needed
- Combine all the ingredients (except water) in a blender or food processor and blend until it turns into a fine paste.
- Make sure to scrape the sides as you go along and add a little bit of water if the paste is too thick.
- Best to use immediately for Thai Green Curry. Or refrigerate for up to 2 days/ freeze for up to 1 month.