Lemon Balm Pesto Pasta
Hey Lemon Balm, don’t let Basil steal your thunder! Compared to your more traditional basil pesto, this one offers a bright citrus twist. Goes best with lighter pasta meals such as ones containing seafood. Careful not to subject it to too much heat in cooking.
- 3/4 cup lemon balm leaves firmly packed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TB lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.