Melted Brie Sandwich with Sweet Basil Honey Spread
What can be easier to put together than a sandwich? Delicious garlic and sweet basil spread and gooey brie make a great combination, and because brie always pairs with something sweet, this spread has that subtle sweetness from the honey. If you prefer not to use cheese or honey, it’s entirely up to you, and the sandwich will still taste great.
Fresh herbs add a fantastic flavor and aroma to anything you make therefore what makes this delicious spread even better is freshly grown sweet basil.
So wait no further and order your gardening kit so that you can take your dishes from good to WOW!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 3 Sandwiches
For Sweet Basil Spread:
- 2 Cups Sweet Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Whole grain bread
For the Sweet Basil Spread Recipe:
- Add all the ingredients listed under spread to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the flavors as needed.
For the Sandwich:
- Apply the sweet basil spread on the bread and add sliced brie. Place the other slice.
- Melt some butter in a skillet and toast the bread till the cheese had melted. Alternately apply some butter on bread and use a panini maker to grill the sandwich.
- Slice and Serve!