Oregano Cheese Muffins
Muffins might be the best baked goodie ever — they’re bite-sized pockets of flavor. These muffins filled with oregano and cheese curds will make sure that you never have leftover ingredients. They pair well with a warm soup or a refreshing salad, too.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 4 green onions, white and light green part minced
- ⅔ cup cheese curds
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, stems removed
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, oregano, and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the cheese curds.
- Divide evenly among the liners, about three-quarters full. Top with additional oregano if desired.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes until golden brown and when an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Freshly picked herbs are sure to make your dish taste great! Grow your own Oregano with our Garden Trio Kit.