Ingredients (makes 2 serves)
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp sugar or simple syrup
- 3 oz soda water
- 2 oz light rum
- 6-10 purple basil leaves
- 1 cup ice
- Muddle the purple basil leaves and sugar in a cocktail shaker or large mug, along with a dash of the rum. Be careful not to break the leaves too small or you’ll end up with them in your teeth.
- Cut the lime in half, and squeeze the juice into the shaker/mug
- Add rest of rum and soda water
- Add half the ice and shake or stir to combine
- Place the juiced lime-halves in the bottom of your glass
- Pour into a glass, and top with extra ice as needed
We garnished ours in the pic with some extra micro basil and marigold leaves (coming soon to geturbanleaf.com!) but you could also garnish with an extra purple basil leaf.