Thai Basil Crostini with Tomato and Mozzarella
East meets West on these tasty little treats, but if Thai Basil isn’t quite your thing you can also keep it classic and use sweet italian, purple, spicy globe, lemon or lime flavored basil instead.
- 12 slices seven-grain or sesame bread or baguette
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Sliced mozzarella
- Thai basil leaves
- Grill bread slices or toast in a pan until exterior is crunchy. Rub with garlic clove.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, shallot, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Season with sea salt and pepper; let sit for 15 minutes.
- Put sliced fresh mozzarella on toasts. Spoon tomato mixture over mozzarella and garnish with Thai basil leaves.
- Season with sea salt and pepper before serving.