Original Source: Here
As the perfect summer herb, Thyme can be included in various summer dessert recipes including warm, soft Lemon Shortbread Cookies! The citrus flavor from the lemon along with the deep aroma of thyme will make these cookies irresistible to everyone. The lightness of this dessert makes it perfect for any time of the day, and the best part is, you can grow all these herbs at home!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 medium lemon, zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (You can replace this with Lemon Balm)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with butter.
- Mix butter in a standing mixer or with a handheld mixer on high until creamy. Add in sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt. Mix on medium until fully combined.
- Add in flour a little at a time and mix on medium until fully combined. Scrape off the sides of the bowl and continue to mix until dough forms. Add in thyme and mix on low until combined.
- Flour surface top and roll dough out until 1/4 an inch thick. If the dough is sticky, wrap in Saran wrap and leave in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out cookie dough on floured surface. Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookie shapes and lay them on the cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake them for 11-15 minutes, or until lightly brown on the outer edge. Let them cool completely before serving. Enjoy!